At Vancouver Axle and Frame we are proud to offer:
- PMVIs-Private Motor Vehicle Inspections
- CMVI- Commercial Motor Vehicle Inspection
- Structural Integrity Testing – Required on any Vehicle being imported into the country, or to obtain a rebuilt status after an accident
All of Our Vehicle Inspections Include:
- Full multi-point inspection
- In accordance with all provincial regulations
- Decal and Inspection Report
Mandatory inspections apply to the following vehicles:
- Commercial Vehicles with a licensed gross vehicle weight greater than 8,200 kg
- Commercial Trailers
- Private vehicles previously registered outside of BC
- Vehicles operating under the authority of the Passenger Transportation Act (limousine, bus, taxi)
- Emergency vehicles with a licensed gross vehicle weight greater than 8,200 kg
- Industrial machines (X-plated) with a licensed gross vehicle weight greater than 17,300 kg
- Farm Vehicles
- Farm vehicles with a licensed gross vehicle weight greater than 17,300 kg
- School Buses
- Vehicles issued a Notice and Order for Inspection
Inspections conducted in British Columbia are recognized in jurisdictions across Canada and some jurisdictions outside of Canada.
The inspections are performed by mechanics authorized by Commercial Vehicle Safety and Enforcement (CVSE) as Authorized Inspectors (AIs) at Designated Inspection Facilities (DIFs), and at Preventative Maintenance facilities for large fleets. Audits are performed on both AIs and DIFs by CVSE Vehicle Inspectors to monitor compliance of the applicable standards and regulations.
Registration for First time in British Columbia Inspections
We do first time in BC Vehicle Inspections, whether you are moving here, importing a vehicle or making your own u-built trailer. When importing a vehicle you must first get your Form 1 papers, then the full inspections can be completed by our facility. If your vehicle is 1996 or newer it needs to have a Registered Imported Vehicle Document (RIV) (this is normally done online prior to border crossing).
Important: Most vehicles must be registered, licensed and insured within 30 days of purchase. Vehicles intended for commercial use must be registered, licensed and insured immediately